"Like" me and I will like you

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

So, the 112th congress is outstanding. For those of you who have listened to the news lately I am sure you have heard about congress and the president are talking about the debt ceiling. They both know it needs to be raised but they want to make a deal to lower government debt. The reason they need to increase the limit is so that they can pay their bills. For example, pay people from congress members to post office janitors. If they fail to raise the debt limit the U.S. government will default on their payments for the first time in history. It is the equivalent of one of us not paying our car loan or mortgage payment. Now we all know that it is not financially sound to default. If we don’t pay our debts than the loaner can charge interest and it becomes much harder debt to eliminate. So with this challenge, the challenge of the country plunging into economic turmoil and making huge tsunami type waves in the global economy and affecting the interest rate you and I pay, this wonderful congress is feeling the urgency of the situation. Yesterday they were scheduled to vote on light bulb regulations. What!?! This is from the Huffington Post:  WASHINGTON -- The House of Representatives will vote Tuesday on whether to repeal light bulb efficiency standards that are set to take effect at the beginning of 2012, with some lawmakers arguing such regulations amount to an assault on personal freedom.”

Is it just me or do you see multiple things wrong with this scenario? For starters what the crap are they talking about light bulbs for when our country is literally days away from a financial crisis and a solution seems unlikely at best. Second whoever says that light bulb choice as we know it is restrictive of freedom I invite you to go to home depot to the light bulb section. I just did a search on google for light bulb store and the first result said “30,000 light bulbs to choose from” I would love to see someone sit and go through all thirty thousand of the different types of light bulbs. If anything government should do more to make that choice easier, I don’t have time to compare and contrast that many light bulbs.

Like I said from the beginning I have a better head on my shoulders than the 435 members of the house.The above image does not represent congress because they obviously have not had the epiphany that they have better things to talk about with their limited time. I realize that it is financially unwise to default on my payments. I also know that if I am facing a financial crisis that will affect the majority of americans in a negative way than I should quit equivocating about the difference between 60 and 120 watt light bulbs. Oh, and I doubt congress will care much about light bulbs once they have no light bulbs to turn on due to failure of payment to the electrical company.
Yours untruly, cause I am my own
Benjamin Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment