"Like" me and I will like you

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Un Update on my Condition

To me the news is very important, I try to keep up with it as much as a I can. In my first post I sarcastically saluted doctors for giving a name to a medical condition of someone who is in love with themselves. They must have read my post and realized that it is silly to call people that love themselves sick. This excerpt recently appeared in the New York Times.

"The fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (due out in 2013, and known as DSM-5) has eliminated five of the 10 personality disorders that are listed in the current edition.
Narcissistic personality disorder is the most well-known of the five, and its absence has caused the most stir in professional circles."

If you are are wondering if I find it surprising that the medical world and the New York Times are publishing things like this, undoubtedly in an effort to keep up with me and my whopping five followers, I do not find it surprising at all. I expected and still expect things like this to happen. I must admit an article like this is very fulfilling to my already over inflated ego. Indeed it is like a sweet dose of oxycotton for my narcissism.

Yours untruly, cause I am my own

Ben Williams         

No comments:

Post a Comment